Friday, August 31, 2007

ROFL

There's a short post over at Rohana's blog where Rohana, a young Muslim lady whose native language is presumably not English, is wondering why she speaks to God in English. We exchange a couple of comments, and the exchange leads to the following:

Yankee Doodle: Hey, next time you're talking with Him, put in a good word for your infidel friend, Yankee Doodle. ;)

Rider of Rohan: Lool. Sure I'll do that. What should I tell Him ? erm.. to make you one of the fidels ??? :P


I highly encourage you to visit Rohana's blog, but beware: She has a singular wit!



While you're out-and-about, don't forget to check out the blog of a seasoned relic from yesteryear!



The funniest thing I have seen in a long time (and how appropriate, since it relates to recent scandals on the US political scene) is from Pela's blog: In the Gents' Room.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying: "Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom but I don't know what got into me, so I answered, somewhat embarrassed, "Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says: "So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question. "Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell him "No.......I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously... "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!"

3 comments:

Aurora said...

LOL...Very nice. I don't think Craig will be laughing at it much though..hehe

anticant said...

Religion is the curse of the thinking classes.

anticant said...

'Infidel', of course is a classic "I'm OK, You're not OK" epithet.